How to save money on moving day
Moving tip for this week we will talk about disassembly and re-assembling beds to help save time and money on your move. While Brothers Moving & Storage will take beds apart and put beds back together, you can save time by doing this yourself.
How to take apart a bed properly for moving
In knowing how to take a bed apart from a frame is vital in moving your home. Follow these steps on how to properly disassemble the bed:
- Step 1: Completely strip down the bed of all bedding, pillows, etc.
- Step 2: Remove the mattresses from the base of the bed
- Step 3: Unscrew the headboard and the foot-board from the frame of the bed
- Step 4: Remove all slats from the side rails of the bed
- Step 5: Make sure to either put all screws back in the holes, or put in a small labeled ziplock bag then put it in a parts box, so it is easier to find at destination
- Step 6: Make sure all slats are together and wrap with tape inside out then right side in, to keep them together for moving day
- Step 7: Get a mattress bag for your mattress (which can be purchased from Brothers Moving & Storage and other retail locations) and bag it up, this protects it from dirt, and makes it easier to move
Assembling the bed at your new home
This is now the easier part of the moving tip, all you have to do is take the above steps and go in reverse. With all the hardware in the parts box, they are easy to find.
Moving Tips to help with your move
Brothers Moving & Storage is here to help with any of your moving needs. The assembly/dis-assembly of the beds is a just a tip, our moving crew always comes prepared with a basic toolkit to take beds apart and also put them back together in your new home. You can always check out our reviews on google.
In our latest news section, we also have a great moving checklist to help you with your move. Please stay tuned next week for your next moving tip to help you save money on your move. If you need more tips before then, please contact us and one of our customer service reps will always be there to answer your questions. Always remember that Brothers Moving & Storage is here to help you with all of your moving needs. Call us today to get your free moving quote.