Local moving is stressful and moving checklists are something that can help. Moving Checklists can help you to organize during your moving process and be less stressed out.
Below here I will show you some basics of a moving checklist, every individual move is different so adding or removing some things is always needed.
When you, the customer, is moving you can call Brothers Moving and Storage at any time to ask questions, or if you need help with packing.
1-2 Months Before the Move is to begin:
- Create a binder for all of your moving records
- Plan how you would like to move(hire movers, Container, or renting a truck)
- If storage is needed, look at all of your options, we do offer storage at our warehouse
- Call all utility company to disconnect and reconnect at new home
- Plan how you will move your valuables(who will take and who will transport)
- Hold garage sale, donate items, or sell anything you do not plan to move, as moves can help you to get rid of unwanted or unused items
- Get the material for packing boxes if you are doing the packing yourself(we do packing as well)
3-4 Weeks Before Move takes Place
- Finalize your moving plans, hiring movers or securing container or truck rental
- Start packing all items that you do not need on a daily basis-Making sure to label boxes by room and content
- Take all valuables and place in one box that you will take yourself
- Make one box labeled “PARTS BOX”, and put all parts, remotes, etc in this box centrally located in home
- Fill out your change of address form for the post office, this can also be done online
- Notify insurance, banks, credit cards, etc of the change of address
- Remove all items left to be packed(bedding, pillows, blankets, etc)
- Take the moving company through your home to inform them of what goes and what stays behind
- Make sure the moving company has the correct destination address
- When movers are done loading the truck, do a final walk-through of the home to make sure that all items have been loaded and there is no damage done to the home.
- Sign all paperwork for the move at origin, make sure someone is at destination to meet the moving company for unload
- Make sure you tell the moving company at the new home where you would like your furniture in your new home.
- When move is completed make sure to do a walk-through with the moving company, when one moves it ensures that everything is where you would like it in your new home.
- Start Unpacking your boxes, starting with the essential items first, and go from there.