Packing Material for Moving
While packing for your upcoming move can be confusing, we at Brothers Moving & Storage offer different types of boxes for sale whether you are packing yourself, or having us do the packing for you. I will discuss the different types of packing material we sell as well as a brief description of what the boxes are used for.
Packing Material Bundles
Brothers Moving & Storage offers packing material for sale by the bundle depending on the size of the apartment/home you are moving out of, these are just suggestions and depending on the amount of items to be packed could be less boxes, or more boxes needed. Here is a list of the bundles that we offer for sale, you can visit our moving boxes page on our website for pricing.
- 1 Bedroom: 5 Small Boxes, 10 Medium Boxes, 2 Large Boxes, 1 Dish Pack, 1 Wardrobe Box, 1 Picture Box, 1 Paper Bundle, 1 Paper Pad and 2 Rolls of Tape
- 2 Bedroom: 10 Small Boxes, 10 Medium Boxes, 5 Large Boxes, 3 Dish Pack, 3 Wardrobe Boxes, 2 Picture Boxes, 1 Paper Bundle, 2 Paper Pads, 3 Rolls of Tape
- 3 Bedroom: 10 Small Boxes, 10 Medium Boxes, 10 Large Boxes, 5 Dish Pack, 6 Wardrobe Boxes, 3 Picture Boxes, 2 Paper Bundle, 3 Paper Pads, 5 Rolls of Tape
- 4 Bedroom: 10 Small Boxes, 12 Medium Boxes, 12 Large Boxes, 7 Dish Pack, 8 Wardrobe Boxes, 5 Picture Boxes, 3 Paper Bundle, 8 Rolls of Tape
- 5 Bedroom: 15 Small Boxes, 20 Medium Boxes, 10 Large Boxes, 8 Dish Pack, 10 Wardrobe Boxes, 7 Picture Boxes, 5 Paper Bundle, 7 Paper Pads, 12 Rolls of Tape
Individual Material for Sale
Brothers Moving & Storage offers packing material for sale individually as well as bundle packages, so if you are looking for just certain boxes for specific items, we have them as well. Here is a list of the boxes that we offer for sale as well as a brief description of what each box is used for while packing. Please visit our moving boxes page on our website for pricing.
- Dish Pack–Used for dishes, china, fragile items, etc.
- Small Boxes–Used for books, office supplies, smaller heavy items, etc.
- Medium Boxes–Used for small pictures, clothing, shoes, etc.
- Large Boxes–Used for linens, bedding, pillows, etc.
- Wardrobe Boxes–Used for hanging clothes, posters, etc.
- Picture Boxes–Used for mirrors, pictures, glass, etc.
- Paper Bundles–Used for wrapping glass, fragile items, etc.
- Tape–Used for securing boxes, totes, etc.
- Shrink Wrap–Used for wrapping sofas, loveseats, etc.
- Loading Strap–Used for securing furniture in load for Pods, Rental Trucks, etc.
- Carpet Shield–Used to protect carpeting from heavy traffic.
- Paper Pads–Used for wrapping mirrors, pictures, glass, etc.
When it comes to packing material there are many different size boxes and packing tips that we can offer you. You can visit our blog page and find many different tips and tricks on packing and different techniques that moving companies use for packing. There are also many other pages out there that offer great tips on packing as well, searching for packing for a move will give you some great information.
Looking for Brothers Moving & Storage to do the packing for you, or if you are looking to put in an order for packing material, please contact us at 414-815-6683, or fill out a quote online and we can get you a free estimate for moving and packing services as well.
There are different types of moving boxes and supplies needed when you are in the process of moving. The first one that I will discuss is the different types of moving boxes that are used depending on what items you are packing. Moving box size is very important when packing for a move so the boxes hold up during transit and are not too heavy.
- Small Box: Books, Office Supplies, Heavier small items, etc.
- Medium Box: Small Pictures(individually wrapped), Clothes, Shoes, Electronics, etc.
- Large Box: Linen, Bedding, Pillows, etc.
- Dish Box: Dishes, China, Vases, etc.
- Wardrobe Box: Hanging Clothes, Posters, Long light items, etc.
- Picture Box: Mirrors, Pictures, Frames, etc.
Brothers Moving & Storage offers all sizes for moving boxes, so give us a call if you need moving boxes. A good rule of thumb to go by when you are packing your moving boxes is to remember if it is a heavier item to make sure that it is in a smaller box, and lighter items such as bedding get placed in the larger moving boxes. You want to make sure when you are done packing your boxes that when you push down on the top there is no give, if there is a little give, add some crumpled up packing paper to make the moving box more sturdy. Dish packs are for all fragile items, making sure to use layers, you can visit our blog on packing a dish pack for further help with learning how to pack a dish box.
When you are packing your boxes there are other moving supplies that will be needed, making sure not to use newspaper when packing your boxes as this can transfer ink to your belongings. Below are some of the extra moving supplies needed while packing.
- Packing Paper: Wrapping Glass, etc.
- Tape: Securing Boxes, etc.
- Shrink Wrap: Wrapping Sofas, Loveseats, etc.
- Carpet Shield: Protect carpeting from heavy traffic
- Paper Pads: Wrapping mirrors, pictures, etc.
- Marker: To write on the boxes, marking on sides and tops as well with room and contents
Packing paper is especially crucial when packing dishes and fragile items to keep them from breaking. Taping boxes properly so they do not fall apart and items inside fall out the bottom when being carried, taping boxes across the top and bottom both across in both directions to ensure it is properly closed. Packing is a crucial part of your move. An organized and planned packing process will allow you to start your new life at your location quickly and easily. Brothers Moving & Storage have come up with some important tips in order for you to create a smooth packing process.
Here at Brothers Moving & Storage we also offer packing services, if you find that packing is becoming too much, or feeling overwhelmed we can help make it less stressful. We have trained movers to help with all your packing and moving needs.
Keep your eye out for more information and posts for helpful tips, if there is a particular topic you would like to see discussed, please visit the contact us page on our website and let us know your topic of choice. Brothers Moving & Storage is a small, local family owned moving company with locations in Milwaukee and Waukesha. If you would like to get a free quote, please visit our website, or give us a call today at 414-815-6683. Our moving estimates are free of charge and remember that we offer packing services as well as moving boxes.